Tuesday, January 28, 2014

World's best cheeseball

I have a major weakness for cheese. I could eat all kinds, any day of the week (except blue cheese, but otherwise I love it!) So, it really shouldn't be much of a surprise that one of my most favorite things that my Mom makes for almost all holidays, is a cheeseball. The worlds most glorious cheeseball that I can remember eating probably when I was 5 or 6, at my grandfather's house - and it's been at all my mom's family gatherings since she was a little girl.. My great-aunt would make it, and man is it amazing. At Christmas Eve's, my cousin and I tend to park ourselves right in front of that cheeseball, and can't stop eating it until someone forces us to "leave some for the others" (granted, there are 50 people in my family, so that's fair)! 

In preparation for the Superbowl next week, and for going over to a friend's house for a little "Bachelor Wedding dinner party" (yup, I went there). I whipped up a batch of this cheeseball. Warning - it is fabulous and you won't be able to stop eating it. Just don't read the calorie count on the ingredients :) Also, don't let the grocery store employees tell you that old English cheddar is the same thing as cheez-whiz - it is NOT! 

Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 2 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1 jar Kraft™ Old English Cheese Spread, room temperature
  • 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together using an electric mixer until smooth and well blended. Chill 3-4 hours. Divide into thirds and roll into balls. Roll in chopped walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment