Saturday, February 8, 2014

This Week

February is always a "blah" month. It's after the holidays, it's cold. It's dreary, and you can't wait for Spring and warm weather and to be outside again without a hundred layers. Despite the blah weather, still was able to enjoy the week. Including:


  • Going to my first ever Washington Capitals Game. They sadly lost, but it was so much fun to be there. I can't wait to go to more games.
  • Geeking out that Olympics have officially started (and watching pairs ice dancing as I write this). I know there is so much political drama surrounding Sochi this year, but for me, you have to set that aside and be amazed by the skill of our athletes and support them. I just can't get enough and will watch hours upon hours of coverage. I'm sure I'll be tweeting a lot over the next few weeks! 

  • Enjoyed "watching" the Superbowl and following along on Twitter. Some of my favorite ads were the Cheerios one (above) and Chrysler. Chrysler's Detroit Ads get me every.time.
  • Made my my Mom's amazing chicken wings for the SuperBowl that taste just like what you'd get in a restaurant. Bonus: SO EASY.
  • Finished a great book, Transatlantic  by Colum McCann (review to come soon when I recap my recent reads).
  • Thinking of buying this perfectly priced bar car for my apartment.
  • Listening to this song on repeat - it reminds me of summer.
  • A little late to the game, but I absolutely love this home tour of a DC apartment, and she has a great story, too.
  • Loving the patriotic drinks and snacks you can find around the District. I will be going to get an Astro Doughnut next week!
What have you been reading and doing this past week?

No comments:

Post a Comment