Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Peanut butter + bananas + coffee = pure genius

It was shortly after I got back to my apartment after the long holidays, that I went a little bake crazy. Maybe it was my new Kitchen Aid Mixer, Maybe it was that I missed being able to cook for myself (even though my mom's food is WAY better than anything I could make, it's still nice to feel "independent). Whatever it as, I went crazy. I made muffins, meatballs, chilli, and a pasta dish. All in one weekend. Oh, and I also made this most amazing peanut butter banana bread with a coffee glaze, which I came across on one of many wonderful blogs I follow.

I love peanut butter. I love bananas. I'm clearly obsessed with coffee. This bread was a match made in heaven, and made especially for me. I didn't have a bread loaf pan, but it worked perfectly fine in a circle cake pan. I also adapted it just slightly and used smooth peanut butter (I'm not a fan of crunchy).

This bread freezes well too - I cut it into slices and just pulled out a piece when I wanted it, and popped it into the microwave until slightly warm. Amazing!

So, if you're looking for a delicious, easy bread to make, I highly recommend Nikki's recipe. Chances are if you're an avid baker like me, you probably have most of the ingredients already in your kitchen. So get baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment