Monday, August 30, 2010

2010 Emmys Fashion Rundown

As a self-described TV addict, I had to watch the Emmys. I was quite pleased when some of my favorite shows won (Yay, Modern Family!), but considering most of the shows I usually watch don't typically receive Emmy nominations, I choose to watch for the fashion. I watched the pre-show on E, relishing in the total awkwardness that is Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana, laughing when they made comments that clearly make who they were interviewing uncomfortable. While my I have a special place in my heart for last year's host, the amazing Neil Patrick Harris, I'll admit that Jimmy Fallon didn't do all that bad. And, the opening number with Glee and Tina Fey was pretty funny.

Of course, I also watch to analyze the fashion, texting my mother throughout the show with my opinions on whose wearing what, and who deserved to win. I'm choosing to ignore the ones I didn't like this time. (*cough* January Jones.) I'm limiting myself to just a few dresses, because I could go on forever, really.

1. Lea Michelle- Yes, she comes off as a brat when being interviewed, but this birthday girl looks gorgeous head to toe. I  personally love the color and all the ruffles of this dress.

2. Claire Danes - This may be my favorite dress of the night. Just gorgeous.

3. Jamya Mays - Not a huge fan of her hairstyle choice, but I do like this dress. The color (navy seemed to be a trend last night) suits her well. And I like all the ruffles/detail.

4. Emily Blunt - I actually hate this dress, and think she looks about 20 years older than she really is in this photograph. However, I wanted to mention that I thought it was hilarious when Ryan Seacrest asked her husband, the beautiful John Krasinski what she was wearing. His response, "uuuhhhh lavender?" Definitely laughed for a good five minutes. What, you didn't think that was funny?

5. Mark Salling - Yeah, I just added him purely because I have a slight crush on him. Mark, I would never egg your car like your (poorly dressed) co-star allegedly did.

6. Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall - I don't watch Dexter, never seen a single episode (my brother is mortified somewhere.) However, they get my vote for best dressed couple of the night. They just have so much class, and look amazing. Jennifer's dress is stunning. I think I was in a sequin and sparkles mood last night, as many of those dresses made my favorites.

Some Honorable Mentions:
  • Tina Fey
  • Sarah Hyland (Modern Family)
  • Julie Bowen
  • Eva Longoria
  • Kim Kardashian
  • Sophia Veragara

No comments:

Post a Comment