Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tumblr


I really enjoy Tumblr, and given that the site just hit a whopping 1 billion posts, I know that there's no way I'm the only person who enjoys the site! Right now, I just enjoy it as a way to post photos or quotes I find that interest me, but I definitely can see the site evolving into something more as mainstream media is picking up on the site's potential . It's evolving into a blogging platform, but also as a place to quickly and easily reblog or "like" other people's posts, which makes it more interactive than a typical blog. Its so easy and very user-friendly. I could easily spend hours perusing my "dashboard," reblogging and posting photos I find on Flickr or the occasional picture I took.

I currently don't use mine to keep up with news or follow any mainstream people, but I can see (and appreciate) that it's heading in that direction. For now, I'll stick to using it to dream about new places I want to travel, find inspiration quotes (they have an endless supply, so it seems) salivate over delicious plates of food, and get my Gossip Girl/Grey's Anatomy photo fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment