Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Secret Life of a Gleek

It's already been well established that I'm a television junkie and watch shows meant for high schoolers. What can I say, I'm special. I didn't jump on the Glee bandwagon right away. I didn't start watching the show until Christmas time last year. My parents had purchased the 1st half of season one DVDs, I had just wrapped up an internship, and I was BORED. So, I started watching. And kept watching.


I actually think Glee is weird. Really weird. I don't get the whole slushie thing, I think Finn is super awkward.

BUT I love the music. I've always loved musicals (I remember dragging a former boyfriend to see the movie Hairspray opening day, while we were on vacation. He didn't appreciate that!), the cheesier the better. On Broadway, TV, movies, all of it. I have Mama Mia, Wicked and Jersey Boys on my IPod. I grew up listening to Joseph & the Technicolor Dreamcoat and have most of it  memorized. Doesn't surprise me that I have Glee parties for one, and jam to their music on the metro to work. I love the mix of popular songs with Broadway classics, the "theme" episodes, classic songs, and the mashups. Its great.


THIS weeks' episode excites me because it represents the epitome of my childhood, Britney Spears. I'm very much looking forward to singing along  in my living room, reliving my childhood of jamming to "Baby One More Time" on my CD player, blasting "Oops I Did it Again" until it drove my Mom crazy and making up a dance to "Lucky" with my little cousins. Yes, I am a 90's child, of the era of Britney, Christina, Backstreet Boys and NSync. I wouldn't have it any other way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment