Monday, September 27, 2010

Paris Love

I. love. Paris. I love the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and crepes. Notre Dame, the Seine River, and the cobblestone streets. The Basilique du Sacre-Coeur, amazing shopping on the Champs-Élysées and the quaint restaurants and coffee shops. Listening to the beautiful language I can't understand. Heck, I even enjoyed the metro. I loved every single thing about Paris. Watching the recent Gossip Girl episodes where the girls traipse through Paris just makes me want to return. So badly!

I was lucky enough to spend a weekend in Paris while I was living in Madrid. I had romanticized the city, imagining walking near the Eiffel Tower with a handsome man, eating macaroons and shopping for diamonds at Cartier and purses at Louis Vuitton. A girl can dream, right? I spent hours planning every single minute detail about my trip, pouring through guide book and making lists of "must-sees." I'm proud to say I crammed in nearly everything into a 36 hour period. I was giddy with excitement the entire time I was there, eating enough crepes to last a lifetime, and in complete awe over the art and architecture. Nothing beats Paris. Even the fact that I went with two girls who refused to eat French food couldn't damper my trip (sadly, the only French food I had was crepes because of these two girls, next time, will be different!) I could have easily spent a month exploring the beautiful city, the short weekend I had was not enough. I still look at my pictures, and imagine myself visiting again in the near future.




       








No comments:

Post a Comment