Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cinque Terra, Italy


I'm once again in a reminiscing mood, and wanted to share a few of my photographs and  memories from one of the most beautiful places I visited when I studied abroad. It is hard to believe that it was three years ago, that I met my family over Easter in Italy, and went to the Cinque Terra. We were staying in the Tuscan region, and it was a two hour train ride. You can hike between all five towns, and my family hiked between Monterossa and Vernazza. We had the most amazing lunch in Monetrossa, feasting on fresh fish, calamari and caprese salad and then began our hike

Turns out, that is the most difficult hike of all the cities, and my family is NOT the most naturey of people. The hike was long, and through the mountains, on narrow pathways where at times we'd have a good couple hundred feet drop off right into the water on our side (which freaked my Dad out that we'd somehow fall to our death). We were all exhausted by the time we finished and had gelato in Vernazza. But wow, the view as we made our descent into Vernazza (just look at that amazing photo above) left us awestruck. I twas worth it.

My entire trip to Italy was unbelievable, from the scenery, and the food, and the gelato. I'd love to go back to Italy some day. But for now, I'll just look through my photos. Below, are just a few of my favorites.


    

        






No comments:

Post a Comment