Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes Fashion roundup

Three-day weekends are the best, leaving me feeling like I have enough time to actually accomplish everything I'd like to get done in a weekend, but still having time to just relax. This was the perfect weekend for an awards show.

I love watching awards shows, mostly for the fashion. I enjoy the Golden Globes because they are a great mix of movies and television, and not as serious as the Oscars are (I mean, do you really think the movies The Tourist will be up for an Oscar? I really hope not). As always, Ryan and Giuliana never fail to make me laugh with their very awkward/sometimes inappropriate questions. Ricky Gervais' jokes were shocking to me, because at times I felt he was a bit harsh, however, it was still hilarious. I loved the Robert De Niro segment, I guess I never realized how many movies he's been in (and I found it interesting they left Meet the Parents/Meet the Fockers/Little Fockers out of the clips montage- which De Niro himself mentioned). I was happy to see Glee win awards, but when it came down to Best Television (Comedy), Glee didn't deserve to win. It should have been Modern Family, in my opinion one of the best shows on television.

I loved a LOT of dresses last night, and hated a few too. (Don't hate me, but I wasn't a huge fan of Natalie Portman's dress - it didnt look bad on her, but I never would choose that). Continue on for a few of my favorites!

I had a tie for my favorites of the evening. Between Carrie Underwood, Amy Adams and Anne Hathaway (below). All three of them are just.. classy, on screen (or in their music) and off. I love Carrie and Anne's sparkles, and Amy's one shoulder dress in such a pretty dark blue. I can't wait to see what Anne will wear when hosting the Oscars with James Franco!


Ryan Gosling- again, nothing else to say, I just love him :)

 Eva Longoria -I love how this dress is simple and elegant. Clearly, I love all the sparkles, glitz and glam (as showcased in my other favorite looks of the night) but I think this is a great look for Eva!

Hailee Steinfeld  - How is she only 14? This is a beautiful, age appropriate dress. AND I heard rumors she will be playing Katniss in the movie version of Hunger Games. Could be interesting!                                    

Jake Gyllenhaal - nothing else is needed :)


I adore Jason Segal, and the fact he was singing Meatloaf with Jimmy Fallon makes me love him more.

Who were your favorites of the night?

No comments:

Post a Comment