Saturday, January 8, 2011

Nutella Cookies

A while back, my friend Stacy at Every Little Thing posted an amazing sounding recipe for nutella cookies. Now, I know that this will sound insane, but I have never tried Nutella before. Everyone I know insists its heavenly, in Spain my friends bought it in massive quantities. I was skeptical, but I picked up all the ingredients and my first ever jar of Nutella, and gave the recipe a whirl. Given my not so great track record of late with baking, I was nervous. But, the cookies turned out SO delicious. I'm not usually a fan of chocolate, but these were different.

They're basically chocolate chip cookies with a twist, the Nutella gives them a richer, almost nutty flavor. I took them to work and they were a hit with my co-workers and my roommate. I was surprised at how easy the recipe was, and I will be making these again. The only downside, would be the calories- I made sure to give plenty away!

The recipe:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Nutella
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix up the flour, baking soda and salt in one bowl. Mix up the butter, sugars, eggs/tofu, and vanilla in another. Combine, then mix in the Nutella. Use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to separate the dough into balls. 


Bake at 375 degree for 8-10 minutes.

Then be prepared to enjoy the delicious cookies!
        

2 comments: