Sunday, January 9, 2011

Elvis Birthday Fight Club

Last night, I went out with my two friends where we did something.. well, a little out of the ordinary. My friend saw in The Washington Post's weekend guide a plug for, Elvis's Birthday Fight Club at The Warehouse Arts Complex. What the heck is this, you say? Well, it was a burlesque boxing show. I wish I had taken pictures, because words do not explain what I saw. The event was hosted by "Elvis" himself, and featured fights by some of the greats and of course lots of Elvis music. There was even some Elvis trivia. Abe Lincoln versus the Washington Monument (see photo below), Sarah Palin versus a male cross-dresser, Colonel Sanders versus a Chicken; there was even a robot!

In between fights, there was burlesque dancing. The shows were sold out, and it was hysterical. Can't say I've ever done something like this before. It was definitely a change of pace, but it was fun.



Only in DC will you see a cardboard Washington Monument beat the crap out of an Abraham Lincoln....

What did you do this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a super fun show! I love unique events like that.

    I just had GOTR training and dinner with Matt's family. I slept a lot this weekend, which must have been needed because never did I feel like I overdid it!

    ReplyDelete