Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal

I have somewhat of a love affair with baked oatmeal. About a year ago, I hated oatmeal. Just hated it. Thought the texture, smell, everything about it was gross. Then, as I became more and more into food blogs and "fancy" recipes, I discovered several interesting recipes on one of my favorite blogs for simple, delicious and cheap recipes, budget bytes. The first one I made, apple pie baked oatmeal, smelled and tasted AMAZING. It requires no complex ingredients, is so easy and comes out warm, filling, and bonus was that making it on Sunday allowed me to eat it for breakfast the whole entire week. I think I made this recipe every Sunday....for probably 4 months straight. I am not one who complains about eating the same things, at least for breakfast and lunch!

After it became spring/summer, I decided to try some different variations, including lemon raspberry (also good). This past weekend, once I unpacked and reorganized my life, blueberry banana baked oatmeal was made (recipe still courtesy of Budget Bytes). I've gotten so many of my friends and coworkers to try baked oatmeal and be converts like me. You'll be surprised at how easy this is - it takes less than 10 minutes to mix it all together, and about an hour in the oven. Enjoy (and please ignore the fact the photo isn't all that great, its delicious!)!


No comments:

Post a Comment