Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer "Vacation"

I honestly cannot believe that August is halfway over, football season starts in two weeks, and fall is almost here. While I'm eagerly awaiting the crisp cool days of fall, going to the alumni bars on weekends, wearing boots, and spending time outside without sweltering, it's always sad when summer starts to come to an end. Luckily, it stays warm in DC through September at least, so I have time more time to adjust.

On Friday, I packed up my car and drove the long nine hour drive to my hometown, where I'm spending the next week eating my parent's amazing food, spending lots of time with family, and just soaking up the beautiful August weather. No work. No emails. Just lots of reading books, catching up on TV, and of course watching the Tigers. I know the next six weeks will be quite busy at work, so I'm treasuring this downtime while I can!

Last night, we had a family dinner with my aunt and uncle, and my two youngest cousins who I never get to spend time with. It was so nice to sit out on the porch, as the sun went down, watching baseball and catching up. Sometimes its the really simple things that are the best.

Watching the Detroit Tigers is a necessity while I am home.

Even though I've long since graduated from college, I still love my summer "vacations."

No comments:

Post a Comment