Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

First and foremost, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates. I hope you spend your day with friends and family, eating delicious food, and being grateful for everything you have in life. I know that's what I'll be doing! I feel so blessed to have such amazing people in my life who've supported me along the way to help me get to where I am today - working at an fabulous PR firm in one of my favorite cities. It's wonderful to finally be content with the path life is taking.

I'm thankful for...
  1. After over year of searching for jobs, and countless times being told no or "we'd love to have you.. as an intern!" finally having a job, and loving what I'm doing, working with such intelligent, creative people at a place that really allows their employees to think outside the box and try new things. I am SO grateful to be there and count my blessings every day.
  2. For my parents putting up with my low-paying internships and allowing me to take risks, helping me stay afloat when I first moved to DC. Without their help and support there would have been absolutely no way I'd be here right now.
  3. New friends and old ones. Its tough being away from my friends from home/college, its exciting that I have friends all over the country to visit now. Without their support and listening to me when I first moved and was alone/knew no one, I wouldn't have survived!
  4. Things that make me appreciate life, and laugh- this is an assortment of things; from being in awe that I live near all the monuments and can see them every day; being able to watch  my favorite TV shows or go to sporting events; traveling; exploring the city with my friends; going to fancy brunches; appreciating that I can call up my brother and have a conversation with him (never would have happened a few years ago). It's little things that add up in life. I need to step back and appreciate the little things in life.
  5. finally accepting my life and being content with it. Aside from graduating college, 2009 wasn't very kind to me; 2010 has been about starting afresh, accepting who I am, and being more independent and confident with myself. I'm happy with the people in my life, and accepted the fact that some people once were a very important part of life are no longer in it- I've let go, and it feels wonderful. I've put the past in the past, and only look to the present!
So, as I sit at my parent's house, listening to Glee music, and my Dad downloading a crazy amount of YouTube videos on his iPad (which my Dad just "discovered" today after I showed him the bird dancing to "Whip my Hair."), about to get ready for my Aunt's house, I am happy. I wouldn't have my life any other way.

Happy Thanksgiving to all


3 comments:

  1. Happy thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving girl! Glad you could get back to MI to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful things to be Thankful for. Here's to another year of loveliness!

    ReplyDelete