Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Moving and the "Change Your Life Challenge"

What a crazy, busy week! For one, I've moved apartments, my Mom came and surprised me to help me move, and work is absolutely crazy with long days, moving offices, and computer problems. Add that to I'm heading home for Thanksgiving in a few days and it makes for a busy weekend coming up.


Moving takes a lot out of you; and I'm definitely exhausted after moving lots of boxes, multiple Target trips, and just figuring out where to fit everything; especially since I went from a one bedroom apartment to a 2 bedroom with a roommate who has stuff too. It's still not 100% done, but I'm getting there. I'm loving my bedroom and my huge bathroom. Not loving the small tiny kitchen - I have way too many gadgets and gizmos that just have no place to fit! I'm loving decorating, putting up pictures.

Once I'm fully unpacked and relaxed a real post awaits!

BUT I wanted to share a project I've become involved in, with  a group of fabulous girls, the Challenge Your Life Challenge. I encourage others to join; I'm pretty excited to try new things and learn more about myself along the way- I'm a little nervous to go vegetarian for a week but also excited! Looking forward to it! Thanks to some, awesome girls for fabulous idea and inspiration!



Every month we'll feature a new, week-long challenge. I'm inviting (and encouraging) you all to participate and take to your blogs to write about your experience! The good, the bad, and the ugly. Well, hopefully it's mostly good and less bad and/or ugly! It's my pleasure to reveal the first challenge:


Who: YOU (and anyone else you want to encourage to participate!)

What: Eat vegan or vegetarian (your choice), every meal for a full week (ahem...that's seven days, not five!)

When: November 29th, 2010 through December 6, 2010

Why: I understand that the holidays are coming up, which is why this challenge starts after Thanksgiving. The idea is not only to challenge yourself to eat differently for a week, but also to use this time as a mini-detox from the Thanksgiving festivities.

Where: Anywhere and everywhere you eat!

How: I will be posting ideas and recipes (feel free to comment with your own ideas, as well) and tips on how to make this as easy as possible. It's all about incorporating the changes into your life, instead of trying to change your life to suit these changes. Don't try to go too over-the-top. Make it feasible and, more importantly, make it enjoyable!

If you are ready to participate in this challenge, then comment on this entry with your email address OR send an email and expect a challenge email update soon. Emails will be sent out within 24 hours of you leaving your comment to give you details about the challenge, and you will have ample time to ask questions, share inspiration, anything and everything.


If you accept the challenge, post the challenge logo on your blog and encourage more people to scurry over here and sign up for the challenge, too!

Can't wait to see how this first challenge goes! Sign up and let's do this


Hope you'll all join!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome! She's going to try and send out the emails again today but don't worry, I haven't gotten one yet either!

    Glad moving is finally slowing down!

    ReplyDelete