Thursday, November 4, 2010

I love my... boots!

So, I saw this idea for a blog post recently on A Diary of a Lovely (a wonderful blog to check out!) where she posted pictures of all of her boots, and have decided to use it for inspiration for my own blog post. I think this may become a semi regular post in my blog, an "I love my..." edition!

I love boots; I would wear them year round if I could. I love all different sizes and colors and am always drooling over amazing ones that I find on Piperlime or DSW... usually ones I can't afford (unfortunately). Here are the boots I do have.

So, even in a one bedroom apartment for just me, I somehow lack floor space to store all of my boots. Therefore, I sadly cram them all into this Rubbermaid container stored in my closet. At least I have them all easily available in one space? Yeah, its a little pathetic my storage choice :) Want to see what's shoved in there? Continue on!

First up, a pair of black booties that are old/I've never worn. My Mom gave them to me from her closet, and I never know what to wear them with! The middle pair of my only pair that have a more "cowboy" feel to them; I wear them a lot. They have a nice heel and are cute, and I like wearing them with jeans. The final ones, are my gray suede booties that I LOVE. They are so incredibly comfortable, I got them from Nordstrom last year and get great use out of them.

Next up are my taller boots. Please ignore the fact that they are so dang floppy that I could not get them to stand up straight. The ones on the left are my tallest pair, and super casual black boot that my Mom found for me at Nordstrom Rack, super cheap. They tie in the back and are very comfortable; I wear them a lot on weekends. The middle, are my Hunter rain boots (in black) I got as a Christmas present last year, but the size was wrong and they were SO back-ordered that it took until March before I finally got them! Best pair of rain boots I've had; they're durable, functional and comfortable. The final pair are my Steve Maddens I purchased just a few weeks ago. I know everyone has them, but there's a reason- they look good with dresses, skirts, jeans.. just about anything. And, comfortable!

Just another photo to show they're not the same pair of boots and I'm not a weirdo who purchases boots that are exactly the same! (Steve Maddens on left)

Whats a boot post without my Uggs? I have more pairs back at my parent's home, but these are my classic short brown ones beat up from my college days (but have lasted FOREVER with their reinforced toe) and my gray cardy uggs. I have a pink and black pair at home as well.

Another photo of my beloved Hunter boots for good measure :)
That was surprisingly fun to go through and photograph my boots, and then write about them. What would you like to see next in my "I love my.." edition? What are your favorite pair of boots/shoes? I love seeing what other people wear!

2 comments:

  1. giant calves = no tall boots :( i do have the grey cardys and i love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a FAB collection and i see we have some same pairs :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete