Monday, November 8, 2010

November Inspirations

A few days into November and it's already shaping up to be a busy month that already is busy as a lead in to the holiday season. I'm moving to a new apartment and packing up my old one, and getting a roommate, work is picking up now that I've been there a month, Thanksgiving/heading home for the holiday, birthday parties for friends, college football heading into the final stretch, cold weather; its just a busy month. I can't even believe how fast October went by and this month seems like it will be just as busy!

Here are few things that are inspiring me this November.

Music: Taylor Swift's "Speak Now" and Darius Rucker's "
I'm constantly listening to both these albums on my iPod at work. Love them both, even if Taylor's bitterness at such  a young age is slightly disturbing. Its funny to listen to the songs and try to figure out which "boyfriend" she's talking about.

Fashion: Warm, cute pea coats.
I recently purchase an amazing Calvin Klein pea coat from Lord & Taylor (the best store for coats, in my opinion). I'm not 100% sure if this is my coat, because mine looks lighter/longer in person, but I LOVE MY PEA COAT. It has pleats in it, which I think is adorable. I took inspiration from watching endless reruns of How I Met Your Mother, where Cobie Smulders wears an amazing trench coat (I just googled it, it was Burberry). I only wish I could have found a coat like this, but my Calvin Klein one suits me very well and I love it. Nothing better than bundling up on a cold morning and walking to the metro to head into the city for work.
The most beautiful coat

Food: Making my own Chili 


So far, I've tried one recipe that my Mom sent me via BBM. And WOW Chili is SO easy to make, and you can make lots of it at once. Its warm, delicious, filling, freezes well, relatively healthy. What more could you want in a meal? I'll be continuing to experiment and try new recipes throughout fall/winter.

Drink: Anything warm and pumpkin flavored.
 
I've NEVER liked pumpkin anything until this year. Now I brew Pumpkin Spice Dunkin Donuts every morning, and am making pumpkin spice muffins. So delicious and comforting with the cooler weather.


These are just a few things "inspiring" me this month! What are some of your inspirations?

No comments:

Post a Comment