Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween, oh Halloween

 
I'm not the biggest Halloween person. I think it goes back to the 7th grade, when my Dad told me that I was "too old" for trick-or-treating, BUT he allowed my younger brother to keep doing so until high school (still a bit bitter on this one.) Since then, I don't think I've dressed up. I've never gone to a costume party and I've never felt the need. Most costumes in college are girls just seeing who can wear the least amount of clothes, and that's just not my style. I also dont like scary movies, but I've never liked them, Halloween or otherwise!

I love decorations for Halloween, however. And passing out the candy to kids. And seeing all of their adorable costumes. And caramel apples and "spooky" treats. And carving pumpkins, and pumpkin seeds, and pumpkin bread. Apple orchards, haunted houses, corn maizes. All of that stuff, I just love. I already know that when I have a home and have kids someday, I will love Halloween!

In the Halloween spirit, here are a few of my favorite photos of food and decorations; courtesy of Martha Stewart.

Happy Halloween!
Umm. PS how awesome would it be to go squash bowling?

1 comment:

  1. i can't imagine not liking horror movies. i know a lot of people don't, but i lovelovelove them!

    happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete