Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The season of booties

Errr.... by booties, I definitely meant shoes! It is officially fall in the district, and I can finally wear my boots again. I was so disappointed waking up Monday morning, to realize that I do not have a pair of boots appropriate to wear with dresses. Yes, I have uggs, and slouchy boots, and short suede booties, a pair that kind of look like cowboy boots. But nothing work appropriate to wear with my ridiculous number of skirts & dresses I'm not going to retire just because its cooler out. (The sad part, is that I came to this conclusion via BBMing with my fashion-forward, trendy Mom, who informed me that my originally planned outfit would just not do.)

After my Mom gave me a very distinct description of what types of boots to look for (a below the knee "tight" black boot, and a "shoe bootie," maybe brown), I went on an after work mission. Finding boots that fit just right is hard work.


While it took forever to find a pair I liked, and a LOT of texts/photos sent to my Mom, I ended up scoring the Steve Madden pair (above). I'll even begrudgingly admit my Mom was right, the boots I had tried to wear with a dress were absolutely terrible/inappropriate, especially comparison to these ones. They're super comfortable and looked great with the dress I wore to work today. I always eye the Steve Madden boots that Nordstorm has every year, so I'm happy to finally own them!

I never found a bootie I liked in the store, and apparently I misinterpreted my Mom's definition of "shoe bootie" after receiving at least 6 emails filled with links and photos of the types of shoe I should find.
I love my boots, so here are a few of my favorite "bootie" style shoes I've found while still searching for myself.  A few of them are still possible contenders.
Piperlime
Anthropologie

Anthropologie


I absolutely LOVE these Anthro ones, but they do not have my size!

Anthropologie
Not my normal style, but I like these Oxfords

Nordstrom
Okay, so these are completely different, but I just really liked them.


So, what boots/shoes are you lusting after? Photos? Links? I need more inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment