Sunday, October 17, 2010

Food on my mind

I promise, I don't always think about food this much! Today has been an absolutely perfect fall day, of walking outside in the gorgeous weather, shopping at a farmers market, and cleaning my apartment and gearing up for this week. I am counting down the weeks until my new apartment (4, if you're wondering) and get to go home for Thanksgiving, but enjoying fall in the district. I leave you with my food thoughts from this weekend.

On Friday night, my friend & wandered through Dupont searching for a new place to try. We had no idea what we were in the mood for, and she is a foodie as well (albeit a vegetarian one!) and my "food friend." We strolled into Ezme, a tiny Turkish tapas restaurant right off of Dupont Circle. It's very tiny and was packed, so we assumed it would be delicious. It did not disappoint. The food was amazing. It is mostly Mediterranean style food, we had an appetizer of scallops with Gruyere cheese. For my meal I had Doner Kebab, which is just gyro like meat, with rice and a yogurt sauce. YUMMY. We both agreed we'd go back.

I have a new Food Website/blog that I am simply obsessed with. Healthy Eats, part of Food Network. I wasted a good hour or two yesterday pouring through all the articles, and learning a lot about cooking and being healthier! Will be using their website frequently, I am sure.

I went to the Farmers Market today, also in Dupont. I've heard great things about it, but I've always opted for Eastern Market in the past. So, I put my walking shoes on, and walked (I didn't want to waste time transferring lines on such a nice day) to the market from the Foggy Bottom area. Wow. I was so impressed and will be going back next weekend! They had everything imaginable- although it was quite crowded. Fruits and veggies, meats, cheeses, eggs, anything you could want at fairly reasonable prices. I was in heaven, and tempted to buy a whole lot more than what I left with.
 Apples are my favorite part of fall- apple cider, apple sauce, apples, and then I bought some cheese as well.
Sweet potatoes, squash, eggplants and a cucumber.

And now, my friends, I'm off to the grocery store to pick up a few extra things I need to make a yummy dinner with my foods, eggplant parmesan!

1 comment: