Thursday, October 21, 2010

Starbucks goes digital?

As an (admittedly self-proclaimed) caffeinista, it's only fitting that I should mention the recent announcement of Starbucks' new Digital Network. I am quite curious about this, and am considering a weekend trip to Starbucks with some reading and my laptop to check out the program for myself first hand.  While it definitely sounds impressive, I'm leaning towards agreeing with Mashable's beliefs that they may simply be offering too much information all at once, to the point where you'd be overwhelmed at where to even begin when they open the network.

Personally, I would use it to read all of The New York Times content for free, as well at least see what types of books and ITunes apps they have available. I get that Starbucks' is trying to emphasize the fact that many college students/working milllenials already use Starbucks as a place to have casual meetings/informational interviews, or sometimes (at least on my college campus) full out interviews. Therefore, having LinkedIn extras makes sense. I just am not sure I'd ever grab my coffee from Starbucks just to use this service.

The channel I'm most interested in checking out is the "Neighborhood"one, because you can check out restaurants and events in the area.

Unfortunately, in efforts to save more than $25 a week, I've all but cut Starbucks out of my budget (MAJOR sadface, considering my love for Starbucks' lattes). If this had came out while I was in college still; well I never would have gotten any paper writing or studying done while doing my daily hours of work at my local Starbucks.

So, thank you, Starbucks for waiting until I safely graduated and did not have this amazing program that epitomizes procrastination, begging me to waste time on it.


1 comment:

  1. I also heard on the news that some Starbucks will soon be offering wine!

    ReplyDelete