Saturday, December 4, 2010

Quotation Station

I always have one eye peeled for inspirational quotes. When I was going through a rough patch my senior year of college, my roommate suggested I keep a quote book. I spent hours those first few weeks, pouring my heart into this book. It was cathartic, because it made me realize I wasn't alone in the world. There is someone out there who can relate to how you feel in a specific moment time, and has been there. It's comforting.  I wrote quotes from famous people, authors, TV shows, movies, or even something a friend said. I still write in it from time to time, when something hits me a certain way. Whats amazing, is to read those quotes from 2 years ago, and have the emotions I felt when I wrote it down just resurface. I was recently looking through my "book," and wanted to share just a few of my favorites.

"We don't wish for the easy stuff. We wish for big things, out of reach. We wish because we need help and we're scared and we know we may be asking too much. We still wish though, because sometimes they come true." - Grey's Anatomy


"When people walk away from you, let them walk. Don't try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring for you, coming to see you, or staying attached to you. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left. What is hardest to accept about the passage of time is that the people who once mattered the  most to us are wrapped in parentheses."


"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple" -Dr. Seuss


"When a really great dreams shows up, grab it!" - Larry Page (He spoke at my UMich graduation, and this is one of things he said).

"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere." - Tim McGraw


What are some of your favorite quotes? Do they have any special meanings for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment