Monday, December 20, 2010

Zoo Lights - Holiday Spirit!

I've gotten distracted from blogging lately; getting home late due to metro delays, and migraines will do that to you. But, as I sit on my couch listening to my Glee Christmas music playlist on Grooveshark, thinking about how four days from now I'll be back in the Midwest and with  my family for Christmas Eve, I'm finally in the Christmas spirit. Lots of Christmas posts in the next few days :)

This past weekend, I really wanted to do something festive - I haven't seen any Christmas decorations (I'm missing my parents house right now!). So, I grabbed my good friend from college, and we headed off to ZooLights at the National Zoo after work this past Friday. It was free, and the weather wasn't too cold (I did layer up though). We had so much fun! The lights were gorgeous, and all of the indoor exhibits were open, which was nice. A lot of the lights went on and off with music. If you're in DC this week, I recommend you go, it was definitely worth the hike out there.

A few of my favorite pictures, below.






I need to try to make a trip out to the National Christmas Tree in the next few days! I miss my holiday traditions of drive through Christmas lights, decorating  my tree with my Mom, and Christmas cookies. It's time to make some new "pre-holiday" traditions.

What are some of your favorite things to do during the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment